Working with the Financial Controller and Accounts Assistant, the Assistant Management Accountant will take responsibility for certain finance and accounting activities within the Brew York group. Additionally, the candidate will support the Financial Controller and Directors in producing timely management information to assist the board with their decision making. This newly created and varied role has arisen due to recent and future expansion activities within the company.
This role would be ideally suited to a candidate who has previous experience working in a small finance team in an owner-managed business or SME and is either in the later stages of studying towards their CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification, or has recently passed their final exams, or has years of experience.
Financial reporting duties:
Extensive use of QuickBooks, Breww and Excel software to ensure timely reporting on a monthly, annual and ad. hoc basis. Regular tasks will include, but are not limited to:
· Supporting the month end process: calculation and posting of accruals, prepayments, intercompany recharges, fixed asset journals and full monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
· Taking responsibility for monthly stock take processes and investigating variances.
· Supporting the preparation of monthly management information packs, including narrative for board meeting.
· Supporting the production of the year end statutory accounts and periodic management accounts for submission to advisors or regulatory authorities.
· Working with the Accounts Assistant and sales team, to ensure effective credit control and collection of debts in line with the credit control policy.
· Nurturing relationships with customers, both by email and telephone, to deal with queries arising quickly and efficiently to maintain an accurate sales ledger.
· Working with the Accounts Assistant, ensure all purchase invoices, expenses and company credit card spend is processed and coded in a timely manner.
· Communicating with suppliers, both by email and telephone, to deal with queries arising quickly and efficiently to maintain an accurate purchase ledger.
· Analysing sales and purchase data, bank, cash book and other data for accounting, performance, or legislative purposes, eg submitting VAT and Beer Duty returns.
· Working closely with the directors to resolve any queries quickly and efficiently.
Cash management duties:
· Manage the cash flow forecasting process to ensure availability of operational funds.
· Highlight any working capital risks to the Financial Controller and Directors.
· Work with the senior management team to drive a cash conscious culture.
· Review weekly supplier payment runs and employee expense payments, set up by the Accounts Assistant, and process payment instructions.
· Maintain excellent day to day working relationships with the bank.
The successful candidate may have to carry out ad-hoc basic administrative tasks in order to aid the smooth day to day running of the office.
The successful candidate will work closely with the wider management team to support them in taking full ownership and financial control of their teams:
· Brewery Production Team
· Sales Team
· Bar Teams
· Retail Team
· Marketing & Events Team
· Warehouse Team
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The following skills are required for this role and the successful applicant will show evidence, or provide examples, of the following:
· Good oral and written communication skills; including clear spoken and written English, an understanding of the importance of spelling and grammar, an ability to communicate professionally and effectively with people at various levels within the company and with external parties.
· Confident working with computers; including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, reasonably fast and accurate keyboard skills.
· A strong desire for accuracy and high levels of attention to detail, even when under pressure.
· Punctual and understanding of the impact that sickness absence has on the effectiveness of a team.
· An understanding of data protection requirements, confidentiality and how to deal with sensitive information.
· Willingness to take on complex and challenging tasks, even those that may seem daunting at first, and to use problem solving skills to generate solutions.
· An ability to ask for help when needed, to follow instructions when given and react positively to developmental feedback.
· An understanding of not just personal deadlines, but the team’s as a whole; maintaining flexibility to meet deadlines when required, especially at month-ends.
· Personal organisational skills: an ability to prioritise own workload, maintain a tidy office environment and work efficiently to minimise disruption.
· Ambitious with an aspiration to build a career in accountancy and finance.
· A motivation to develop a passion for the company, its mission and the team.
· A team player with enthusiasm, optimism and a cheery disposition
· A good understanding and appreciation of Craft Beer & the brewing industry
· Experience working in a manufacturing / production environment and / or hospitality industry is preferrable.
Hours of work and Holiday entitlement
· 40 hours per week (Mon – Sun, sometimes inclusive of evenings)
· Holidays – 20 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays
Compensation & Benefits
· Targets and Salary annually reviewable
· One Case (12x440ml) of signature beer per month
· Staff Discount
· Uniform (T- Shirt, Hoodie)
· Company Pension (3% of eligible salary) contributions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
Accounting: 2 years (required)
Ability to Commute:
Handley Park York yo19 5up (required)
Ability to Relocate:
Handley Park York YO19 5UP: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person